E – Disease
▪ To be valid, the authorized cause of disease should comply with prescribed standards.
1. Standards for Disease
The standards are:
1) The employee must be suffering from any disease;
2) The continued employment of the employee is prohibited by law or prejudicial to his/her health as well as to the health of his/her co-employees; and,
3) There must be a certification by a competent public health authority that the disease is incurable within a period of six (6) months even with proper medical treatment.
▪ Jurisprudence or Supreme Court Decisions
Lawyer, Author, Mentor