B – Redundancy
▪ To be valid, the authorized cause of redundancy should comply with prescribed standards.
1. Standards for Redundancy
The standards are:
1) There must be superfluous positions or services of employees;
2) The positions or services are in excess of what is reasonably demanded by the actual requirements of the enterprise to operate in an economical and efficient manner;
3) There must be good faith in abolishing redundant positions;
4) There must be fair and reasonable criteria in selecting the employees to be terminated; and,
5) There must be an adequate proof of such redundancy such as but not limited to the new staffing pattern, feasibility studies/proposal, on the viability of the newly created positions, job description and the approval by the management of the restructuring.
▪ Jurisprudence or Supreme Court Decisions
Lawyer, Author, Mentor