▪ The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) has issued Department Order No. 130, Series of 2021 (“DO 230-21”).
▪ DO 230-21 provided guidelines on support for workers in the informal sector under the Safe Spaces Act and its Implementing Rules and Regulations.
DO 230-21 (the “Guidelines”) carries this title/heading: “Guidelines on Support for Workers in the Informal Sector under Republic Act No. 11313, otherwise known as the “Safe Spaces Act” and its Implementing Rules and Regulations.”
The Guidelines provides the appropriate mechanisms and interventions, including redress mechanisms, in cases of gender-based sexual harassment in the workplace. (Section 1, Part I, DO 230-21)
The Guidelines apply to the following:
1) Employees covered by Republic Act No. 10361, otherwise known as the “Domestic Workers Act” or “Batas Kasambahay”;
2) Those employed in the informal economy; and,
3) Those employed in establishments with ten or fewer employees. (Ibid.)
As used in the Guidelines:
Committee on Decorum and Investigation (CODI) – refers to an independent internal grievance mechanism that will act as the main bo...
Already a subscriber? Log in below. Not yet a member? Subscribe.